With the hype on Prof. Tim Noakes diet, ‘banting’ has become apart of our lives. I haven’t taken on the high fat, low carb diet however I have introduced a Tbsp. of coconut fat to my morning oats. Weirdly enough I have had no issues with my winter eczema (I have had eczema on my legs since I was 18, every winter without fail) This year nothing! My nails are in excellent condition. My chocolate cravings/addictions (call it what you want) have subsided and I no longer feel hungry in the afternoons. Our knowledge has always been limited on coconut oil, however with ‘banting’ and coconut oil becoming so easily available for us to buy. Our eyes have been opened to this miracle oil. I have listed a few beauty uses, I limited the list to beauty uses however the medical uses are outstanding!
- Rub onto the skin as a lotion, hello smooth skin.
- Eye-makeup remover, dab a small amount on a cotton round for easily application.
- Make your own remineralizing or whitening toothpaste. Add some to baking soda and brush away. Or simply gargle the mouth with the oil to remove bacteria.
- Rub onto the skin to lighten age spots.
- Massage this healthy oil on stretch marks, safe to use during pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
- Because of its anti-oxidant properties, coconut oil will increase sun tolerance and avoid burning. A natural SPF.
- Apply a small amount to your hair to get rid of frizz and tame natural curls.
- Mix equal parts sugar and oil for a lekker body scrub.
- Rub onto chapped lips during the winter months.
- Sooth psoriasis and eczema.
- An intensive natural conditioner, rub into dry hair and leave for several hours.
- After sun for burnt skin.
- A natural shaving cream.
- When used consistently on the area it can help get rid of cellulite.
- Because of its bacteria fighting properties, it can help resolve acne if used regularly.
- Rub into the scalp to stimulate hair growth.
- Tanning oil.
- Massage into cuticles to help nails grow.
Beauty products can be costly, save a bit of dosh and invest in a jar of coconut oil and reap the benefits.